Well I got my cake challenge completed just under the wire last night. Finished frosting it at about 11:15pm. It is admittedly not my best effort in the kitchen but not too shabby considering the amount of entertaining our family has done in the last couple of weeks. I was kind of caked out after two recent birthdays at our house so it took me a while to gear up for this challenge. I chose to bake a carrot cake because it is wholesome, but also a little spicy. Just like me!
I used Williams Sonoma's recipe and while it wasn't bad, I will probably try a different one next time. I was not a fan of the frosting, which proved to be a little too cream cheesy for me, even after adding about half a box of powdered sugar to try and even it out a bit. I don't know, maybe the cake would have been better if I had plumped the raisins and toasted the walnuts per the recipe directions, but seriously, who has time to plump raisins? I am usually lucky if I get a shower everyday, so consider a cake with any kind of raisins a success. I did zest an orange for this so it felt fancy enough at that point. It turned out edible and thus went to work with my husband today so we don't eat the whole thing!
Looking forward to see what the June challenges have in store for us, cooking friends! Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment